10am-noon Art Licensing: What It Is and How to Make Money With It 11/10/18 on 11/10/2018 @ 10:00am
Online registration closes 24 hours before class. Please call 386-676-3347 to register.
Professional Development for Artists
Art Licensing: What It Is and How to Make Money With It
with BJ Lantz
Saturday, November 10th, 10am-noon
Please join us at Ormond Memorial Art Museum for a series of workshops to explore the professional practices of artists. Led by experienced artists with expertise in various creative fields, each workshop is offered separately and will delve into a specialized area of creative work.
Art licensing, in a nutshell, is getting your art on products – and making money from them! But just how does art licensing work? Once you’ve taken this class you’ll have all the info you need to get started!
Who is this class for?
– Artists who have heard of Art Licensing and want to learn more
– Artists who have never heard of art licensing, but are interested in alternative ways to monetize their art
What will you learn?
– What art licensing is and how it works
– Is your work right for art licensing?
– What you should have in your portfolio
– Identifying product categories for your work
– How to find and connect with potentials clients
– Art licensing contract basics
– Evaluating whether or not you should work with an agent
– How does art licensing differ from print-on-demand (ie. Cafepress, Zazzle etc)
– And more!
– A worksheet to help you make organized notes
– Images of art examples to refer to later
– Access to a PDF of the information covered to refer back to
– Access to a PDF of additional resources (LOTS)
Have questions already? Once you sign up for the class, please email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can be sure to have the answers for you!
Coffee will be served. Seating is limited, so please register in advance.
$65 (members) / $72 (future members)
About BJ Lantz:
Over 30 years experience in design, marketing and freelancing combine to give prolific artist BJ Lantz a unique perspective on succeeding in art licensing. Since 2001, BJ’s versatile designs have been found on a wide variety of products throughout the gift and home decor industry, including partyware, floor mats, garden flags, ceramic giftware, tabletop, stationery & greeting products, coasters, fabric and more.
We are sorry. Online registration for this event has closed.